Sunday, November 9, 2014

Picture Day

I was a little nervous to write a blog post this week because when I went to upload my photos from the camera, there were only 10 on it.  That is sort of how I chronicle my week, so 10 pictures was a dismal turnout.  Usually there are 60-90 photos per week (including about 20 that are the boys taking blurry pictures of walls, ceilings, and toes).  So, this may be a short one.

Caroline can now say, "Go" and "thank you."  Todd has never heard her say "thank you" yet, so he's suspicious about that one, but the boys and I heard it one day.  It was very clear, but it hasn't been repeated since.  She has gotten fairly good at saying, "go."  She usually says it to tell me to "go and get her something, like a cookie."

Josiah has done really well with his reading.  I think the light bulb went off when we started the different families (-ap, -an, -ad, -at, etc.).  It is neat to hear him sound out words because he desires to know what the word says, not because we're pushing him to sound it out.  He got some free reading material in the mail recently, too.  Being in a rental, we get all sorts of mail for many different people.  This past week we got 3 Lego Club magazines, so we gave one to each of the boys.  Then we went to Sam's Club and the best part was they read the magazines the whole time, oblivious to the many toy aisles and with it the begging us for everything they see.  Score.
Every meal, every snack, every time Josiah eats even the smallest bit of food, he requests that I read him a book.  He likes to eat and read.  While I love that he wants books read to him and I often oblige, I'll be glad when he can start reading books to me!

For his CC presentation this week, he did another movie.  This one was of Pete the Cat and he drew different colored shoes on him for each page.  He sang a song, "I love my white shoes." to go with it.  It turned out cute.  Then this evening Henry pinched his inner thigh on the toilet seat (he really hurt it) and he requested that Josiah show him the Pete the Cat movie he made, so Josiah did the movie for him.  Josiah also read him the Peter Pan book, so it was nice to see Josiah attempt to cheer him up and for Henry to want Josiah to cheer him up.
At school this week, the director took pictures of all the kids and their class.  She went in the nursery and tried to take pictures of the little kids as well.  Caroline did not want to smile for her.  Henry has been wearing his Mickey Mouse sweatshirt for the past week.  It was a gift for Caroline, but he really loves it.  He says that people will think he's Mickey Mouse, but he's really not because he doesn't have yellow shoes.  As if that were the only reason.  Yellow shoes.
Mickey
Josiah's class & his tutor - 7 boys and a girl
One game we play fairly often is, "Who am I?"  Basically we can be anyone, but we usually use Bible characters, super heroes, or animals.  We say, "I am a (wo)man."  "I am in the Old Testament." and on and on until they guess who I am.  The other day, Josiah and Henry were in the back seat playing the game just the two of them.  They were cracking each other up because they could easily guess each other's person.  The best was when Henry said, "I'm a racoon...with a gun."  That would be Rocket Racoon.  The other easy one is, "I am a tree." Groot!

I had a good Thursday evening, as I went to a Ladies Night Out with some ladies at church.  We had a 5 Favorite Things party.  We each brought 5 of our favorite things and we'd leave with 5 different favorite things from the other ladies.  It was a lot of fun and they have a really fun group of ladies.  I even figured my way home in the dark which was even better since I was in a new (to me) part of town.

And cute photos of Henry taking a nap. He still naps 1-2 days a week. He could probably fall asleep every day if we let him, but that would make for pretty miserable evenings since he doesn't want to go to sleep at his regular time when he naps. Interestingly, both naps this week involved Waldo. A book and a puzzle.







No comments:

Post a Comment